Hotel Manager at a newly reformed and up beat, slope-side boutique hotel at the base of Tsugaike Kogen Resort, Hakuba Valley.
We are looking for an experienced Hotel Manager to oversee the daily operations of our 22 room hotel as well as provide strategic direction. You will plan and supervise the activities of an extensive and diverse workforce to ensure the smooth and profitable running of all hotel related business.
It is important for the hotel manager to be involved in all aspects of the hotel operations. You will be just as responsible for reservations and dealing with complaints as for strategizing and preparing reports. You will be a key person of reference for employees and clients as well as external vendors.
The hotel manager must be able to guide the employees to work as a well-functioning team. Therefore, the ideal candidate will be a team player and an effective leader, able to set examples and foster a climate of cooperation.
The goal is to enhance customer dedication and expand our clientele through exceptional guest services, thus strengthening our hotel’s reputation.
- Supervise work at all levels (receptionists, kitchen staff, maids, office employees etc.) and set clear objectives.
- Plan activities and allocate responsibilities to achieve the most efficient operating model.
- Manage budgets/expenses, analyze and interpret financial information and monitor sales and profits.
- Develop and implement an intuitive and efficient marketing strategy to promote the hotel’s services.
- Communicate with customers on a daily basis. (welcome them in the facilities, Check in proceadures, address their complaints, find solutions to problems, offer information, etc.)
- Deal with maintenance issues, shortages in staff or equipment, renovations, etc.
- Collaborate with external parties such as suppliers, travel agencies, event/conference planners, local tourism assotiation, Evergreen Outdoor Center opperations, etc.
- Inspect facilities regularly and enforce strict compliance with health and safety standards
- Proven experience as Hotel Manager or relevant role.
- Business Level English and Japanese; other languages a plus.
- Understanding of all hotel management best practices and relevant laws and guidelines.
- Working knowledge of MS Office; knowledge of hotel management software (PMS) is an advantage. We are working with RoomBoss accross the business.
- Excellent customer service skills as well as a business mindset.
- Demonstrable aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving.
- Reliable with an ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Outstanding leadership skills and great attention to detail.
- Degree in Business Administration, Hotel/Hospitality Management or relevant field is desired.
How you match
Criteria provided by job poster
- No matchBusiness
- No matchReservations
- No matchHigh Level Of Accuracy
- No matchCustomer Service
- No matchManagement Accounting
- No matchProblem Solving
- No matchLeadership
- No matchStrategy
- No matchSkilled Multi-tasker
- No matchDaily Operations
Level of education
- No matchBachelor’s Degree
- Leisure, Travel & Tourism
- Consumer Services
CONTACT: Dave Enright
Founder / Executive Director / Chief Guide at Evergreen Outdoor Center