HMA! Pro VPN is a leading internet encryption service based on virtual private network technology. Whilst VPN’s are predominantly used to remotely connect people to localized computer networks, the underlying security advantages in the form of encryption can be used to provide online security and privacy services. Consumers and businesses connect to HMA’s worldwide VPN servers to tunnel their internet connections through HMA’s servers to achieve increased security and privacy.
Main reason for use:
- Internet security: Customers connect to the service to encrypt their internet connection; this encryption prevents hackers and network snoops from being able to intercept their sensitive internet traffic. This is commonly used for open Wi–Fi networks.
- Censorship: Similar to a web proxy, customers use HMA’s VPN service to bypass internet censorship. VPN’s are far more flexible compared to a web proxy as they tunnel the entire internet connection and not just your web browser traffic. As a result, there are never any rendering issues because there is no parsing of HMTL/JS, and all content will function as it should do (e.g. Flash). Speed will also be faster because of a larger network of servers in 190+ countries, and the ability to setup VPN connections on your actual router means third-party devices are able to bypass censorship without any additional configuration required.
- Anonymity and Privacy: In like manner to a web proxy, the VPN service is also a hit for customers who wish to gain a measure of anonymity on the internet and also protect their identity and privacy. However, unlike a web proxy, the VPN service affects all applications on your computer, not just your web browser. This, therefore, enables users to protect their entire internet connection and not just their web browser traffic.
- Technical: HMA utilizes various VPN technologies such as OpenVPN (UDP/TCP), PPTP and L2TP/IPSec. Each VPN server has a set number of IP addresses; each time a customer connects to one of HMA’s VPN servers, they are assigned a shared IP address. HMA does not NAT customer connections, meaning the total amount of simultaneous connections they can support is the total amount of IP addresses that they offer, which is 2,800 + IP addresses.
Along with HMA! Pro VPN, there is also a client for the Mac platform as well, and there is a command line client provided for the Linux community. Mobile users are not left out either, with apps for Android and iOS available via the Google Play and Apple App Store.
HMA! Pro VPN is also one of the only VPNs on the market to offer multiple languages – it is now available in French, Italian, German, Spanish and Turkish.
HMA! offers market-leading coverage, with well over 760+ servers in 280+ locations across 210 countries providing more than 280,000 active subscribers with over 2,800 + IP address choices. Users will also benefit from excellent 24/7 technical support from HMA!’s dedicated customer service team.
HMA! Pro VPN 4.6.151 for Windows
- File size: 17.78 MB
- Requirements: Windows 10,Windows 7 64-Bit,Windows Vista 64-bit,Windows 10 64-bit,Windows 2008 R2,Windows 2008 64-bit,Windows Vista,Windows 2003,Windows 7,Windows 2000,Windows 9x,Windows 8,Windows XP,Windows 2012,Windows 2008,Windows XP 64-bit,Windows 8 64-bit
- Language: English
- Available languages: English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, German, Japanese
- License: Commercial Purchase
- Date added: Tuesday, March 26th 2019
- Author: HideMyAss VPN
- SHA-1: 9932199f66db2bef8b1a1edaa04e3f5c767f4e73